Wednesday, January 21, 2009

mess with the bull....






Okay so I don't think Richard fully knew what he was getting into when he married me. Yeah sure he knew that I was fiesty, and he knew that I spoke my mind but did he really understand the depth I would take it? Let me explain...



You all know that Richard is leaving his company. It has been great (for the most part) for him and for our family, and in some aspects they have really taken care of him. Every year they have a manager appreciation banquet in January. And yadda yadda yadda we went so he could say good-bye to everyone ( after 5 years and 6 different restaurants within the company he has many friends). It was nice to hear how he impacted SO many people's lives. He is admired, and loved by those who have worked for him and those he has worked for alike. So to make an already long story short...I feel he got totally jipped (and so do many others) and should have had a promotion. So when the owner of the company approached me I wanted to leave an impression. Here's our conversation,

Owner ~ "You're gonna keep your house here just in case Richard decides to come back right?"
Me ~ "Oh I don't think so but thanks."
Owner ~ "I'm really sad to see him leave."
Me ~ "If you would have promoted him he would probably not be leaving."
awkward pause
Owner ~ "Oh well he's next in line and he knows that."
Me ~ "Yeah and we both know how that goes."
awkward pause
Owner ~ "Well ..." and then he kinda trailed off and walked away.

I don't like it when my wonderful, amazing husband gets taken for granted. The moral of the story is "When you mess with the bull, you're gonna get the wife!" But we did have a good time and Richard has made some great friends. Richard will be sad to leave them.






5 comments:

Kara said...

I love it. I wish I was sassy like you and had the guts to say things like that you. You go girl!

Rohatinsky Family said...

You are so funny! He needed to be told what was up though. Sometimes they need to hear it. Way to go! PS. I'm sending you a baby announcement to your CA address. Will it still get there in time?

Matt and Jill said...

ahh yes, corporate America. Now I remember why I left those types of places. Good luck to you guys!

Bob & Beth said...

Hey, let us know your address when you get to Idaho. You can leave it on my new blog!!! (How about that?)

Andrea said...

I love how you say exactly what is on your mind!