Friday, September 26, 2008

It's not what you know...


I've learned a thing or two at my part-time gig at the apple. It's not what you know, it's who you know. That is so true for me right now. Since I started at applebees Richard and I have wanted me to work wed-fri lunch shifts. I have only gotten 2 days a week though (with the occasional 3 days). Seniority rules. So Richard decides to mention this casually to Blake (the company V.P.) who loves Richard. Later that night I was checking email when I noticed an email from Blake. The subject said 'Your Wife'. Interesting...Of course I read it and it stated that my new schedule would be just that, wed-fri lunches. Sure enough when I checked my schedule that's what it was. I think my managers were a little miffed. If I was awful I would feel bad. But I don't.

4 comments:

anitawarnick.com said...

I wouldn't feel bad either!:-) You are a mother of four beautiful girls and the spouse of a guy who has worked hard for His good reputation, and I am sure you are a great asset to the Applebees team, So I say you deserve to work whatever schedule you want! :-)

Warrior Princesa said...

that rocks! It's always great to know someone higher up and like nita said it's because of reputation and hard work that you get that extra boost! adrienne, i absolutely love you! thanks for you confidence boosting comments!! :) tell me the next time your in town, i miss you!

The Vander Stoep's said...

Great that it worked out. We'd love to come up and have lunch someday and have you spoil us. You'd be the best...

Love ya,

The Vander Stoep's

Mums said...

Honestly you have the most beautiful children!! Of course I'm not the least bit prejudiced!