Thursday, September 25, 2008

PUPPIES


Belle had puppies today. This is good and bad news. Let me condense a whole afternoon into a paragraph. I went to work at 10:30 right before Belle had her first pup. Richard called me at 1:00 saying that the second pup was breach and was stuck halfway out for about 30 minutes and he was pretty sure it was dead. He had been trying to help her deliver it, but it was stuck and whenever he tried, Belle would scream. So I rushed home and during a contraction pulled the pup out. It was almost twice as big as the first one and it was dead. A while later she started to have the third one and it was also breach and though I tried to help her deliver this one also, it was not budging. It ended up coming out a lot quicker than the first one but it died as well. The first little pup was definately the runt and Belle is such a good little mom to her. Both Belle and puppy seem to be doing well.

3 comments:

anitawarnick.com said...

OH my goodness I didn't know Bell was prego! Poor Bell, I know this sounds silly but I am shedding a couple of tears right now that she lost her two last ones:-( That is such a sweet picture of her cuddled up with her little one! Have the girls names the baby yet?

Warrior Princesa said...

oh how sad and scary to do that for you doggy. our dog hurt her leg and her scream when she hurt just brought me to tears. i'm so glad that the little one made. how precious and tender.

Mums said...

What a precious picture!!!