Sunday, October 5, 2008

Find Joy in the Journey

While I was listening to President Monson today during conference, one quote just struck me to my core. He said "Find joy in the journey." He was referring to the journey of life. I feel overwhelmed with the daily grind of motherhood sometimes. While I absolutely love being a mother, it often comes with hardships. At times I feel bogged down with simple things like laundry, dishes, bills, chores, etc. President Monson seemed to speak directly to me and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father inspires our Prophets and Apostles. I do love being a mother, and I don't want to get too caught up in cleaning and stressing out to wake up one day and have my kids grown. How thankful I am for this simple, yet vital, reminder of my priorities.

0 comments: