Monday, October 20, 2008

Totally Oblivious


Our sweet little McKenzie is totally oblivious thank goodness. She is such a good kid and she has it all. She is so super smart. (Just on a side note, she was chosen to be in a little study on reading at her school. She is in thrid grade and was reading 7th and 8th grade literature) She is beautiful sweet, funny, compassionate and developed for her age. All the boys like her. I went to pick her up from school a couple of weeks ago and she was out on the playground. She was in between two boys who were each pulling on an arm and shouting at each other,


"She's MY McKenzie"

"No she's MY McKenzie"


and so on. She of course was just laughing away! She's always coming home with little trinkets, or erasers, or paper airplanes that different boys in her class have given her. When I ask her why they have given her these things she just shrugs and says "I don't know." So thank goodness she is still sweet and innocent and clueless. This is going to be scary when she gets a little older. Oh by the wAy...she now wears the same size shoe as me (size 7 women) and is less than a head shorter than me! She's so funny and such a joy to us. I have enjoyed sharing stories with her from my childhood. We are very different and she thinks I was a funny kid!

3 comments:

mom/Anne said...

I'm sure you are counting your blessings that McKenzie is innocent and unaffected. She is so smart! Good for her. I think that her kind heart is as beautiful as her looks. (All of your girls are cute as heck!) Let us know what comes of the reading research project. Sounds interesting. I keep forgetting that McKenzie isn't already in middle school; she is so mature for her age. We are so excited for Jena to have her baby. I am looking forward to spending some time taking care of them after the baby is born.
I appreciated what you said about general conference. I second that thought!
Tell Richard and the girls hi from their Klamath cousins. We love and miss you guys. I love reading your comments on the kids' blogs.
love,
aunt Anne

The Hustead Family said...

You guys have a little heart breaker on your hands!! Too cute!

Mums said...

It's so wonderful that McKenz is the oldest & such a great example!! We're not prejudiced or anything!!! Ok, maybe a little!