Monday, October 13, 2008

Robinson Crusoe




Yeah the girls tried out for their first play last monday. We had a big talk about maybe not making it and all that good stuff. There were 70 kids that tried out and about half made it. McKenzie and Halie both got small parts. It was for k-12 grades. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. The girls had rehearsals last week from 3:30-8:00 with a dinner break from 5:30-6:00. To finish off the week they had 2 shows on saturday. It made for an EXTREMELY long week for all of us. Natalie was the token crying kid which is always fun (no naps, out of routine etc...). But the girls, especially McKenzie, had so much fun. Richard went to the first show, had dinner with the girls in between shows and then went to work. I attended the second show with Sadie and Natalie. Kenzie was so dramatic and exciting to watch. Halie was also great but she was very tired from the long week and was not very happy to have to do a second show. It was very fun experience for the girls and next time I will be more prepared for hell week! FYI...McKenzie was part of the frownie face tribe (the one in the back row with the bright blue wig) and Halie was a dancing chameleon.

2 comments:

anitawarnick.com said...

I don't know how you do it! That week sounds tiring just by reading it! I did one of those plays in Klamath, and it was a lot of fun. I am so glad the girls got to do that. I think I forget how much it takes out of the parents pockets and time to be able to do all those fun activities! But that is such a great thing for the girls, and they will never forget it:-)

Jaime said...

oh how fun I really want to put Ellie into a class or a play like that. That is so adorable!