Thursday, November 13, 2008

change is in the air!

Okay so I'm going to do something out of the ordinary for me. I am going to make myself very vulnerable. I'm putting myself out there and am going to tell everyone of my biggest struggle since Sadie's been born. (okay not my biggest, but it's pretty up there on the list) After Sadie was born I had 20 extra pounds that I could just not get rid of. I tried everything and seriously nothing worked. I battled with self-esteem issues everyday. Well then I had my sweet little Natalie and was stuck with another 20 extra pounds on top of the already 20. Those of you who know me, know that I have always been relatively small weighing around 115-120, and athletic. So an 40 pounds of flub is just disgusting to me! So to add to this trial, I also suffered from Postpartum depression after Natalie was born. So all the extra weight was making my postpartum worse. And I am not a depressive person. I hate being down!

Anyways I am not one of those lucky women who loses weight when they nurse (actually if you are one of those moms please don't ever talk to me again!). Well the past few months I have been feeling more like me and getting past the depression. And Natalie decided to ween herself off of nursing and so I have decided to make a change. I am getting serious about this weight loss and started the slim in 6 program by beach body. I started Nov. 3rd and as of yesterday (Nov. 12th) I have lost 9 pounds. I am ecstatic! It is about time and hope to have lost at least another 10 by the time I am done with my program in 4 1/2 weeks.

So when I am done with the slim in 6 I will start the power 90. I feel liberated and am glad that this is working for me. I have been eating SO healthy and about 1100 calories a day. I am only eating fresh food (almost only, I have been eating some brown rice and stone ground whole wheat bagels), and although I am not strictly vegetarian but have been eating tofu and surprisingly loving it! So if anyone has any recipe ideas for tofu...bring it on please!

So there it is...it's all out there and you all know the embarrassing truth about me. I will keep you posted on my weight loss. And no way am I posting my awful 'before' photos.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on losing 9 pounds already! That's awesome! Jeremy and I want to get the power 90 after the babies born. I hear it's awesome!

The Smiths said...

I hear you cousin!! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling more up these days. I hope you enjoy eating fresh foods! Shall we drop a hint for your hubee to bring you flowers? You deserve it!

Rohatinsky Family said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting. It feels so good to be healthy and to know you're doing something good for your body- both physically and mentally! Way to go! And as for all the other posts they are adorable- I love the cousin and halloween pictures and the one of you and Richard from 5 years ago! Such fun times!

anitawarnick.com said...

Congratulations! 9 pounds is a lot, it took me 3 months to loose 9 nine punds! Nice job! Eating fresh food always feels better to me, except it is so darn expensive! I've always liked tofu, You can make any stir fry and substitute tofu for the meat and I think it tastes good. Mark doesn't like it so I haven't made it in awhile. Also there are other tofus that act as substitutes, like a sausage that is made out of tofu. Mark likes these kind of tofus. You just have to look at the ingredients to make sure it is still good for you. Also, I don't know if this is in your diet, but I lived on the weight watchers fudge ice cream bars! They are only 100 calories, and were just the fix I needed sometimes. And I was thinking, when you guys come up here, after I have the baby, we should jog together! (okay I better stop planning your guys's life when you come up here, Mark and I have been doing this a lot:-) But if you want too, I should say:-) Congratulations again!