Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cooking with Daddie


Many people know that my hobby at home is cooking and that I love to be in the kitchen. What makes it even more fun is to cook with the kids. Awhile back Adrienne and I started a dinner program at home where the kids will cook dinner on most nights. We do this about 4 nights per week and we rotate the nights between McKenzie, Halie and Sadie. They all love the 1 on 1 time with Mom or Dad (usually Mom because of my schedule) and you would be amazed at what they can do in the kitchen. They have learned many skills and cooking has built a lot of confidence within them selves.
Here is a picture of our 3 oldest after we made muffins and omellettes from scratch. They all had a hand in the process and truly did about 95% of the preparation and cooking. We used recipes out of the Ratatouille cookbok that Adrienne's mom sent them for Christmas. Bon Apetit!

6 comments:

Those crazy Lewis' said...

What a cute daddie! am I the luckiest woman in the world or what?!!!!

The Constantines said...

That is such a cute idea :) -I can't wait for you guys to come up to Rexburg! It will be so much fun to have you there, and to be able to get together more often! YAY for family close by!

anitawarnick.com said...

The girls are soo cute. I am just sooo excited for you all to be here. Ken and Julie's basement is huge! It is bigger than 2 bedroom apartment! And it is really nice, I am so excited...less than one month away!

The Smiths said...

I want to come for breakfast! Yummy!

Rohatinsky Family said...

I was going to say exactly what Jessi did- That is a brilliant idea! I'll have to write that one down so I can remember to do it when Logan and our other (future) kids are older. You guys are adorable parents.

mom/Anne said...

You guys are great! I love all the pictures. The girls are too beautiful and smart. I am excited that Jessi will be able to see you guys all the time when you move to Rexburg. We need more details about the move and your plans. Good luck with everything.
love you!